Bani K. Mallick
University Distinguished Professor
Professor of Statistics, Texas A&M
Office: 401B Blocker Building.
Phone: (979) 845-1275.(office)
FAX: (979) 845-3144.
Statistics Department , Texas
A&M University ,
College Station, TX 77843-3143 USA.
Awards and Honors
- Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, elected in 2013
- Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, elected in 2008
- University Distinguished Achievement Award in
Research, Texas A&M University, 2006
- Fellow of the American Statistical Association, elected in 2005
- Member of the International Statistical Institute, elected in 1999
- Elected Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society
- Noether Award by University of Connecticut for outstanding
performance in graduate study, 1992
- Mahalanobis award by Presidency College for outstanding
under graduate study
Associate Editor: Journal of
Computation and Graphical Statistics
Associate Editor: Biostatistics
Funded by multiple NSF, NIH, DOE grants
Course I'm Teaching
- Bayesian hierarchical Modeling
- Nonparametric Regression and classification
- Spatio-temporal Modeling
- Machine learning
- Functional Data analysis
- Bayesian nonparametrics
- Petroleum reservoir characterization
- Uncertainty analysis of Computer Model outputs
Selected Publications (from 2011)
- Xun, X., Cao, J., Mallick, B., Carroll, R. and Maity, A. (2013) ``Parameter estimation of partial differential equation model'', To appear, Journal of the American Statistical
- Ryu, D., Liang, F. and Mallick, B. (2013) ``A Dynamically particle filter with radial basis function networks for sea surface temperature modeling'', To appear, Journal of the American Statistical
- Chakraborty, A., Mallick, B., McClareren, R., Kuranz, C. and Drake, P. (2013) ``Spline based emulators for radiative shock experiments with measurement error'', To appear, Journal of the American Statistical
- Konomoi, A, Park, C., Huang, J., Huitink, D., Kundu, S., Liang, H. and Ding, Y., Mallick, B. (2013) ``Bayesian modeling for analyzing the morphology of gold nanoparticles'', To appear Annals of Applied Statistics.
- Hartman, B.$^*$, Talukdar, D. and Mallick, B. (2012) ``Investigating cross-country influence dynamics in new product diffusion process'', Annals of Applied Statistics, 6, 625-651.
- Parzen, M., Ghosh, S., Lipsitz, S., Fitzmaurice, Ibrahim, J. and Mallick, B. (2011) ``A generalized linear mixed model for longitudinal binary data with a marginal logit link function'', Annals of Applied Statistics, 5, 1,449-467.
- Chakraborty, S., Ghosh, M. and Mallick, B. (2012) ``Bayesian Nonlinear Regression for Large $p$ Small $n$ Problems'', Journal of Multivariate Analysis,108, 28-40.
- Bhadra, A. and Mallick, B. (2013) , ``Joint high-dimensional Bayesian variable and covariance selection with an application to eQTL analysis", Biometrics, To appear.
- Ryu, D., Li, E. and Mallick, B. (2011), ``Bayesian nonparametric regression analysis when covariates are subject-specific parameters in a random effect model for longitudinal measurement'', Biometrics, 67, 2, 454-466.
- Konomi, A, Sung, H. and Mallick, B (2013) , ``Adaptive Bayesian nonstationary modeling for large spatial datasets using covariance approximations", JCGS, To appear.
- Xun, X., Mallick, B., Carroll, R. and Kuchment, P. (2011) ``A Bayesian approach to the detection of small low emission sources'', Inverse Problems, 27.
- Park, C., Huang, J.Z., Huitink, D., Kundu, S., Mallick, B.K., Liang, J., Ding, Y. (2011), “A multi-stage, semi-automated procedure for analyzing the morphology of nanoparticles”, IIE Transactions; Special Issue on Nano Manufacturing, .
- Lobach, I., Mallick, B., Carroll, R. (2011) ``Bayesian analysis of case-control data with gene environment interaction and error in measurement of environmental covariates'', Statistics and its interface,4, 305-315.
- Sturino, J., Zorych, I., Mallick, B., Pokusaeva, K., Carroll, R. (2011) ``Statistical Methods for Comparative Phenomics using High-throughput Phenotype Microarrays'', The intrenational journal of Biostatistics, 6.
- McClarren, R., Ryu, D., Drake, P., Bingham, D., Fryxell, B., Mallick, B., Torralva, B. (2011) ``A Physical informed emulator for laser-driven radiation shock simulations'', To appear, Reliability engineering and system safety.
- Stripling, H., Adams, M., McClarren, R. and Mallick, B. (2011) ``The method of manufactured universes for validating quantification methods'',To appear, Reliability engineering and system safety.
- Zhao, K., Valle, D., Popescu, S., Zhang, X. & Mallick, B. (2013) , ``Hyperspectral RemoteSensing of Plant Biochemistry using Bayesian Model Averaging with Variable and Band Selection", Remote sensing and environment, To appear.
for petroleum mapping
Math and Geosciences
The books I have written
Bayesian Analysis of gene expression Data, Wiley.
Bayesian methods for nonlinear classification and
Regression, Wiley, NY.
The books I have edited
- Generalized Linear Models: A Bayesian perspective,
Marcel Dekker inc.,
- Nonlinear Estimation and Classification,
- Large-scale inverse problems and quantification of
uncertainty, Wiley, NY.
- Dey, D., Ghosh, S. and Mallick, B. Bayesian Modeling Issues in Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, Chapman and Hall/CRC .