Statistics Summer Undergraduate Research Experience
Our summer research program, Statistics Summer Undergraduate Research Experience, will help to connect exceptional Statistics undergraduate students who are interested in research with a faculty research mentor. This summer research program will:
- Match interested undergraduates and provide funding for new research projects and a faculty mentor
- Fund undergraduates with an already existing research project and faculty mentor
At the completion of this program, each student participant will be awarded $1500. Students should expect to work an estimated 10 hours/week for about 10 weeks of the summer.
To be considered for this program, and its resulting funding, please ensure you meet the eligibility requirements and follow the application procedure below.
Students interested in the Statistics Summer Undergraduate Research Experience must meet the following criteria:
- Currently seeking a BS in Statistics at Texas A&M University
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative (overall) GPA
- Successful completion of STAT 212 with a B or better, as of Spring 2020
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. R, python)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Access to internet and technology in order to perform project remotely
Applicants must provide all materials in order to be considered:
- Submit an application form: Google Form
Please note that the following application materials will be submitted as a pdf file within the Google Form (link above):
- Unofficial transcript (pdf)
- Resume or CV
The deadline to submit all materials is May 13, 2020 by 11:59 PM.
All application materials and supporting documents must be submitted by this deadline to be considered.