All prerequisite override requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails must include the following information:
- Student Name
- Course Requested
- Semester Requested
- Prerequisite course taken and grade earned
- Institution where prerequisite course was completed
Students wanting to register for STAT courses in an upcoming semester but who have not yet met the prerequisite requirements have the following options:
- Students taking a prerequisite course at TAMU in the upcoming summer semester may enroll themselves in their fall courses after they are enrolled in the prerequisite course for the summer semester.
- Students taking a prerequisite course outside of TAMU will need to show proof of fulfilling the prerequisite requirements before a PREREQ override will be placed on the student’s account.
- Blinn TEAM and TEAB students may receive prerequisite errors for several reasons: (1) either you registered late for Blinn classes, and your Spring courses were not on the transcript Blinn sent to A&M at the beginning of the semester, or (2) you have a hold (such as an unpaid parking ticket at Blinn) that prevented your transcript from being sent. Once your in-progress (IP) course(s) at Blinn is / are posted in Howdy, you will satisfy the prerequisite and be able to register for the other courses. The fastest way to have your transcript posted is to submit an online request at Blinn Transcript Request . At the bottom of the form, indicate that your transcript is to be sent immediately rather than waiting for final grades. In the blanks for the address of the school to which you want the transcript sent, type N/A (otherwise your transcript will be sent by mail instead of electronically.)
Once approved, credit for the prerequisite course will be included on the student’s TAMU transcript.