STAT 301 (MWF 10:20 - 11:10),
Instructor: Dr. Suhasini Subba Rao (office: Blocker 432)
WebAssign Please note
that in WebAssign the course is down as STAT301, section 500 (there is only one section for 301).
There seems to be some issues with regard WebAssign. You may not see the course when you log on to WebAssign. We are working in this.
Note about quizzes: The quizzes are not timed and you can make
multiple attempts. But you will only get the grade after the
Each week a few quizzes will be set. All are due the following
Monday at 11:59pm.
You will need Statcrunch
Data we will be using in class
Please take a look at these.
FREE online Statistics book
Article on the influence that CO2 beverages may have on obesity
REMEMBER MIDTERM 3 HAS BEEN MOVED ONE WEEK LATER. It is on Wednesday 25th April.
- Chapter 4
The normal distribution
- Midterm 1: Wednesday 14th Feb. Everything from Chapters 1-4 can be
covered, excluding QQplots in Chapter 4 (very last section). Remember help
sessions are available in Blocker 162 over the entire week. See the handout
- Please bring
- This is the Cheat Sheet You will only need
page 1 and 2
- Calculator (not phone) and scrap paper.
- Large scantron already bubbled with name and class.
- Chapter 5
Distribution of Sample Mean
- I am away this week. You will need finish reading Chapter 5 amd
do the this assigment
and submit it to me in class on Monday 5th March. I will also set an away Quiz.
- Chapter 7 Testing
- Remember Midterm 2 is on Wednesday. Please bring
- Cheat Sheet
- Normal and t-tables .
- Large Scantron (with name already bubbled).
- Calculator, any type but not phone
- Scrap paper for calculations
Week 14 (there will be class on Friday):
- Chapter 7 Testing Quiz 9 part 2 set. Quiz 10 set.
This is the Cheat Sheet which you can use
in all exams.